Tuesday, April 7, 2009

R.C. REALLY"??!! Now my aunt has terminal cancer. I mean, come the fuck on! Can my day get worse?!!

R.C., you are obviously not a fan of Hedonism Chronicles. If you were, you would realize your aunt’s cancer is not about you. Let me put on my Dr. Phil fat suit for a moment and explain. Your aunt’s cancer will affect you, no doubt, but perhaps we should use these two lines to think about her. Cancer, as we’ll see in the posts below, is no joke. Chemo, radiation, it makes one very sick. If I were to put on my Dr. Laura wig, I’d say this is a good time to send out a global prayer.

So, R.C., what are you trying to accomplish with this overly-punctuated post? Let me put on my Dr. Freud beard for a second and say this, I think we experience a constant paradox of wanting to keep our lives private until something painful is happening. In real life, people will balk when you answer the question’ how are you,’ with, ‘not too great, my aunt was diagnosed with cancer today.” Shitty, I know. So perhaps, the problem isn’t R.C.’s post, but American society in general. I challenge you all to say something honest today, live and in person, and watch the fun. For example, ‘how are you, Hedonsim?’ can be answered with, ‘I’m bleeding so much between my legs that I fear I’m going to need a transfusion.’

This is going to be interesting.
Narcissistic Rating: 10! 10! 10!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hedonism, are you wearing the Dr. Phil fat suit, Dr. Laura wig and Dr. Freud beard all at the same time?
I would like to make an appointment.

jluv1856 said...

If you put on Dr. Drew glasses and Dr. Dre sneakers all my fantasies would be realized.

BTW, great observation, "could my day get any worse" What a self centered bitch. She had to go ahead and say that... then look what happened, a devastating earthquake in Italy that killed hundreds.

BethL said...

Oh silly un-intuitive google algorythm.. "Lymph Node Cancer" adword ad... really?