Wednesday, March 18, 2009

V.C. to L.B. is I want you to be free, Don't worry about me, And just like the movies, We'll play out our last scene, You won't cry, I won't scream.

What the fuck is this? If there’s one thing I don’t have time for it’s sentimentality. I hope to God V.C. is quoting a John Hughes movie and not trying to be poetic. Or maybe it’s a joke. Yeah! It’s a joke, right? Sort of a Flight of The Conchords meets Love Boat quip. But wait, it’s not a joke? It’s a lyric from Alien Ant Farm? And you meant it? You’re really this broken up over a break-up that you quoted an Alien Ant Farm song in your status message? What have we the people of the interwebs done to deserve such a thing from you, V.C.? Do we not get enough of this schmaltz with the re-recording of Of Montreal’s "Wrath Pinned to The Mist" for Outback Steaks? Or our uncles saying, ‘I feel you’ (you feel what, exactly, Uncle Andrew?) Or our mothers dancing to T.I.’s "Whatever You Like" at Bar Mitvahs?

Narcissistic Rating: Oh, it doesn’t mater, V.C. and the like are responsible for the demise of popular culture. I’m just going to go listen to Led Zeppelin in my Cadillac.

No comments: