Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Cameron is at the office, heading to Lowes around noon, knocking out a home improvement project, going for a run and then off to play with Mia and Von

Later that day:

Cameron is teaching Von to use the term Latino instead of Mexican...

Now remember, my readers, that I don’t know the people about whom I write. Like you, I only have their status messages to form an opinion of their characters. Now, let’s say you’re talking to Cameron (is he male? I mean, Cameron, it’s a fucking gender-neutral name. Figures), on the phone and he said he was at the office, planning on visiting the hardware store to buy a light bulb, going to screw in said light bulb, then going to hang out with his kids. You wouldn’t think too much about it. You’d probably think Cameron’s a pretty normal guy. But of course, Cameron is a runner (see posts below) and Cameron cannot be content with telling the world that he’s simply screwing in a light bulb. He has to make it into a whole fucking home improvement project. Now things are really grandiose. Today, Cameron has worked ten hours, gone to the hardware store, remodeled the kitchen, and followed M.B. for a run in the sculpture garden. And as if that's not enough, Cameron has also home-schooled his kids in differential calc, numerical weather prediction, the standardization of Chinese in the Qin Dynasty and, of course, that one should use Latino instead of Mexican.

I heart Cameron.

Narcissistic Rating: Oh, you already know…10!

4 comments:

Welder Woman said...

Only thing worse than Cameron is the person who makes time to critique him. Live your own life and stop watching others live theirs.

Matt said...

Welder Woman has now achieved irony

Becca said...

I agree... substantially worse than Cameron critiquing other people is Welder Woman critiquing him. At least Cameron makes those of us working (or not) on St. Patty's laugh a bit!

Kitty Stampede said...

HOLY SHITE...this site is funny! I've been barking about status updates for awhile...they freaking piss me off..attention whores! this is lovely and I want to post the link on my facebook to make people feel dumb...:P